This week Mama Kat challenged us to come up with 10 Reasons Why You Could Not be a Real Housewife from Any County. I thought about this one (while attempting to get my vlog about my blog done – unsuccessfully I might add).
I love my real housewives. I live for Thursday nights’ latest round of drama. I’m a true Philly girl. I love the east coast house wives in the mid-Atlantic. (Sorry Atlanta and Miami, you just don’t do it for me. I tried, honestly I tried.)
I am particualrly fond of the fine gals from New York and New Jersey. They are close to my heart. It’s what I grew up around. My mom’s side of the family is from Brooklyn. I’ve got relatives from all five boroughs. They are loud, opinionated and crazy ladies with great accents who always work hard for their families. The took meager means and turned them into the best riches ever. No money could ever buy the happiness they gave us. I wouldn’t trade it for the world!
While having my own successful line of business is SO incredibly appealing, the things we see on TV that go along with it aren’t much appealing. Deep down inside, I wanna be successful like Ramona Singer or Bethenny Frankel Hoppy (who I personally think both rock the business world). But I don’t want to have to be “on” every waking moment of my day.
So I really had to think about why I could NOT be a real housewife…. and here is my short list.
- I’m not a fan of the public eye. I don’t wanna live in a fish bowl having my every moment filmed. I’d HATE to scare the world with how I look in my down time.
- I don’t have a husband who seems to never be around and not that much involved with my son’s lives. (Ok, so I KNOW Simon doesn’t fit that bill but the others? But Juicy Joe, what do YOU do to spend time with your girls?)
- I’m what those women would call poor. I can’t afford to book girls’ weekends for my fellow mom friends to a private island nor can I afford Communion parties the magnitude of Teresa’s taste. I am lucky I can afford my little bitty 1,100 square foot house, let alone a mansion. I live within my means. It’s called a budget Teresa….. Get one!
- I know my etiquette, but don’t freak out if I, or someone in my circle, break those sometimes uppity rules. Darling, we all can’t be Miss Manners 100 percent of the time. Sometimes a girl’s gotta scratch and itch, know what I mean? 😉
- I think before I speak. (Yes, Ramona, that one is for you!) Which means that I don’t insult my hostess at a party nor do I call someone insane or crazy without knowing all that much about them.
- I would never inject collagen or, even worse, Botox into ANY part of my body. EVER! Botox is a form of botulism people!!!!!! ‘Nuff said about that one!
- I like an occasional cocktail, but would never go all “turtle time” or have a stranger lick a shot off of my stomach. Really ladies?? What WERE you thinking? Oh wait, apparently you weren’t, the alcohol was.
- I’m not a big fan of boats. I get seasick easily and I can’t swim to save my life.
- I love living WITH my kids FULL TIME and could never ship them off to private schools or live in the city during the week and only see them on weekends (even if they are teenagers) — Do you hear that Countess?
- And the MOST IMPORTANT reason I could NEVER be one of “those” housewives….. MY BOOBS, BUTT and LIPS ARE REAL! I’ve never had a tummy tuck, lipo or a face lift. No one has “done my eyes”. No matter how saggy they all might be, they’re the original ones God gave me! I may not be movie star gorgeous, but I like me and I am happy with what I’ve got!
So there you have it, my reasons that Bravo TV or any other reality TV station will never come knocking on my door. And I’m pretty darn happy about that! I want to remain Just A Philly Girl living life to the fullest in southeastern Michigan! ❤